Through our eco-friendly initiatives across our hotels, we are committed to doing our part to create a sustainable environment and build a greener future for the next generations.
In 2019, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore and The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore signed a Plastic ACTion commitment (PACT) agreement with the World Wide Fund for Nature Singapore, committing to reduce the use of single-use plastics by 2030.
In 2022, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore also received the prestigious Green Mark GoldPlus Award from the Building and Construction Authority.
Green initiatives that have been implemented at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore include:
- Implementation of water efficient fittings compliant to the Public Utilities Board Water Efficient Building certification, which has helped to achieve better water efficiency
- Use of digital water sub-meters to better monitor water consumption levels in areas such as cooling towers, laundry, kitchens and the swimming pool
- Retrofitting the hotel’s air-conditioning system to Green Mark certified water-cooled chillers, which has helped to achieve better energy efficiency
- Upgrading the lighting system to LED lights in 2021, which has helped to lower energy consumption and achieve energy savings
- Using alternative or reusable materials to replace single-use plastic items in guestrooms, dining outlets and meeting venues, as well as eliminating the use of plastic bottles across the hotel
- Making waste recycling facilities available within the hotel, including guestrooms, public spaces and back-of-house areas
- Use of products which are certified by the Singapore Green Building Council to be environmentally sustainable, including mechanical and electrical equipment such as elevators, condenser water pumps and variable speed drives, as well as coatings, paint and termite protection barriers
- Use of a food digester in our kitchen to reduce food waste at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
- Electric vehicle charging station available since 2018
- Collaborating with Clean the World to recycle used soap bars and redistribute them to developing nations
- Incorporating biophilic features into the hotel spaces to promote the health and well-being of guests and employees, including indoor and outdoor greenery, a koi pond located at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, and the Fullerton Farm where a range of fresh ingredients is grown
Green initiatives that have been implemented at The Fullerton Hotel Sydney include:
- Partnership with OzHarvest, a not-for-profit organisation that is Australia’s leading food rescue organisation. The Fullerton Hotel Sydney donates unused produce and surplus banqueting foods to OzHarvest which reduces food wastage in landfill and feeds those in need
- Recycling of Nespresso coffee capsules from guestrooms
- Recycling of used soap and toiletries from guestrooms through Clean the World Soap Aid